By Mary Anderson PhD,Jane Goodman PhD,Nancy Schlossberg EdD
The in simple terms textbook explicitly designed to deal with counseling with adults who're dealing with person, courting, and paintings transitions, this quantity integrates the elemental tenets of grownup improvement with healing perform. it really is in line with Schlossberg's conception of transitions, a brand new strategy and content material version that provides powerful concepts for aiding adults to appreciate and effectively navigate common lifestyles transitions.
This revised variation addresses modern societal ills that exacerbate grownup existence transitions, akin to a tumultuous economic system, elevated unemployment, bankruptcies, and foreclosure, and specializes in our expanding racial and cultural range. the quantity additionally expands its attention of religious and social justice concerns and offers a extra built-in and holistic method of grownup transitional counseling.
Key positive aspects of the recent version:
- Based on Schlossberg's process, a brand new version for counseling adults in transition
- Offers sensible new concepts and workouts to be used in transitional counseling
- Addresses unemployment and coping in an doubtful social/economic context
- Focuses on loss and resilience, variety, tradition, social justice, and spirituality
- Contains new sections on transitioning to maturity, residing preparations together with assorted relations buildings, mobility, siblings, in-laws, and retirement
- Introduces new suggestions corresponding to collectivist coping, hardiness, mindfulness, and transcendence
Read Online or Download Counseling Adults in Transition, Fourth Edition: Linking Schlossberg's Theory With Practice in a Diverse World PDF
Best developmental psychology books
"[This publication] presents a perceptive, learn dependent, and pragmatic method of operating with looking reconnection after years of childrearing. .. .Marriage at Midlife may still take middle level on each counselor's bookshelf. " --Kathleen M. Galvin, PhD Professor, communique reviews, Northwestern college The heart interval of married life-what the authors name the "centerstage"-is frequently the "make or holiday" aspect in a lifelong dating.
The 1st variation of starting to be Up quickly tried to counter the stereotype of negative, minority adolescent moms and describe the range in their academic, paintings, parenting, and courting reports. the quantity a strengths-based method of realizing why a few moms seemed resilient to the stresses of early parenting, in comparison to their friends, and what hindrances undermine resiliency for a few of these younger ladies.
Este texto, que em sua 1ª edição, em 1957, definiu o campo da personalidade, tem sido renovado e atualizado constantemente, constituindo-se em obra de referência ao longo dos anos em razão da forma abrangente com que aborda as mais diferentes e atuais teorias da personalidade.
Neuroprotection in Alzheimer’s disorder deals a translational point-of-view from either uncomplicated and medical standpoints, placing it at the cusp for extra scientific improvement with its emphasis on nerve phone safeguard, together with the buildup of information from failed scientific trials and new advances in affliction administration.
- Gestire la classe (Psicologia in pratica) (Italian Edition)
- On Your Own without a Net: The Transition to Adulthood for Vulnerable Populations (The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Series on Mental Health and Development)
- Introduction to Human Development and Family Studies
- The Emerging Spatial Mind
Additional resources for Counseling Adults in Transition, Fourth Edition: Linking Schlossberg's Theory With Practice in a Diverse World