By Fernando E. Vega,Richard W. Hofstetter
Bark Beetles: Biology and Ecology of local and Invasive Species presents an intensive dialogue of those economically vital pests of coniferous and broadleaf bushes and their significance in agriculture. It is the 1st e-book out there completely devoted to this significant workforce of bugs, and includes 15 chapters on common heritage and ecology, morphology, taxonomy and phylogenetics, evolution and variety, inhabitants dynamics, resistance, symbiotic institutions, ordinary enemies, weather swap, administration strategies, economics, and politics, with a few chapters solely dedicated to essentially the most economically vital bark beetle genera, together with Dendroctonus, Ips, Tomicus, Hypothenemus, and Scolytus.
This textual content is perfect for entomology and forestry classes, and is aimed toward scientists, school contributors, woodland managers, practitioners of organic keep an eye on of insect pests, mycologists drawn to bark beetle-fungal institutions, and scholars within the disciplines of entomology, ecology, and forestry.
- Provides the one synthesis of the literature on bark beetles
- Features chapters solely dedicated to the most economically very important bark beetle genera, resembling Dendroctonus, Ips, Tomicus, Hypothenemus, and Scolytus
- Includes copious colour illustrations and pictures that extra improve the content
Read Online or Download Bark Beetles: Biology and Ecology of Native and Invasive Species PDF
Similar entomology books
First released in 1997. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Insect Biology sooner or later: ""VBW 80"" includes essays provided to Sir Vincent Wigglesworth in the course of his eightieth 12 months. Wigglesworth in all fairness precise because the founding father and memorable chief of insect body structure. His papers and different works considerably give a contribution to this box of research. This publication, devoted to him, underlines the price of insect fabric in coming near near a large spectrum of organic matters.
The body structure of Insecta, moment variation, quantity VI, is a part of a multivolume treatise that brings jointly the recognized evidence, the arguable fabric, in addition to the numerous unresolved and unsettled difficulties of insect body structure. It good points chapters written via the phenomenal employees in every one of quite a lot of insect functionality components.
Longhorn Beetles — Cerambycidae are essentially the most simply recognized teams of beetles, a relatives that around the globe encompasses over 33 000 species in 5200 genera. With over 1400 species categorized in three hundred genera, this is often the 6th biggest between 117 beetle households in Australia. those beetles frequently assault and kill dwelling woodland or orchard bushes and boost in building bushes (like the ecu apartment borer, brought to WA), inflicting severe harm.
- Agricultural Proteomics Volume 1: Crops, Horticulture, Farm Animals, Food, Insect and Microorganisms
- Ecological and Environmental Physiology of Insects (Ecological and Environmental Physiology Series)
- Target Receptors in the Control of Insect Pests: Part II (Advances in Insect Physiology)
- Butterfly Conservation in North America: Efforts to help save our charismatic microfauna
- Climate Change and Insect Pests (CABI Climate Change Series)
- Low Temperature Biology of Insects
Additional resources for Bark Beetles: Biology and Ecology of Native and Invasive Species