By Samuel Karlin,Howard M. Taylor
- Realistic functions from quite a few disciplines built-in through the text
- Plentiful, up to date and extra rigorous difficulties, together with desktop "challenges"
- Revised end-of-chapter routines sets—in all, 250 routines with answers
- New bankruptcy on Brownian movement and similar processes
- Additional sections on Matingales and Poisson approach
Read or Download An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling PDF
Best social sciences statistics books
This ebook bargains a pragmatic knowing of concerns focused on enhancing information caliber via enhancing, imputation, and checklist linkage. the 1st a part of the publication offers with tools and types, concentrating on the Fellegi-Holt edit-imputation version, the Little-Rubin multiple-imputation scheme, and the Fellegi-Sunter checklist linkage version.
Compliment for the 1st version: "The ebook makes a necessary contribution through synthesizing present study and picking out components for destiny research for every point of the survey approach. " —Journal of the yank Statistical organization "Overall, the top of the range of the textual content fabric is matched through the standard of writing .
Bridging the distance among conventional classical facts and a Bayesian technique, David Kaplan presents readers with the techniques and useful abilities they should follow Bayesian methodologies to their info research difficulties. half I addresses the weather of Bayesian inference, together with exchangeability, probability, prior/posterior distributions, and the Bayesian vital restrict theorem.
Das Lehrbuch richtet sich an Studierende und Wissenschaftler, die im Rahmen einer Forschungsarbeit selbst Daten erheben und analysieren oder die vorhandene Literatur auswerten müssen. Häufig stehen sie vor dem challenge, nur schemenhafte (und häufig wenig erfreuliche) Erinnerungen an ihre Statistik- oder Ökonometrieveranstaltungen zu besitzen.
- Statistical Inference: A Short Course
- Excel Statistics: A Quick Guide
- Writing for Publication: Transitions and Tools that Support Scholars’ Success (Springer Texts in Education)
- Verteilungsfreie Methoden in der Biostatistik (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- The New CEOs: Women, African American, Latino, and Asian American Leaders of Fortune 500 Companies
- Seasonal Adjustment Methods and Real Time Trend-Cycle Estimation (Statistics for Social and Behavioral Sciences)
Additional info for An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling